söndag 14 september 2008

Show results - Sofiero 20080914


An entry of 14 curlies and Folke´s first time in junior class.

I was there early as I wanted to walk around and have dog-people go through him - experience has taught me that this makes the dogs happier and more confident in the ring - I usually do this with puppies and juniors. Since dog shows are full of people who knows what it is about and how to act I find it better to do it on location than for example outside the supermarket.

Folke behaved perfectly in the ring, the judge, Svend Lövenkjaer, was very thorough and went through Folke´s entire body - which was good practice and Folke wagged is tail all the way down to the rear paws. The judge was really nice and I agreed with his overall judging.

Folke was first out in the ring as the bitch puppy was absent he was the only one in junior and got 1 with Hp. I was really pleased with Folke and we got what we came for - a fun time in the ring and a judge that was good practice. I must admit that I was a bit disappointed at first over the fact that he didn't get a CK but I soon realised that I should be greatful for the red ribbon and HP as lots of curlies left the ring with a blue ribbon (a further illustration - out of 26 flatcoat dogs only 6 got a CK) . I could also see his point - Folke is far from ready and the critics we got were just:

(my own translation)
Nice size and over all impression. nice body proportions, good gender characteristics, nice proportions between head and fore face, nice expression, beautiful neck and back, good tail setting, could have a bit better forefront and be wider in the front, straight fore legs, stands a little bit outwards with his front paws, muscular thighs, moderate knee angles but still a bit unstable in the hook both when stacked and on the run. Correct coat, moves freely but a bit narrow.

Waterloo´s Vision of Love -a norwegian bred bitch - won BOB and Magriss Give Me Five was Runner Up BOB.

As always when going on shows on my own I make new friends and meet interesting people, this time I met some Lagotto people who lived in New York for several years - really nice people who also did me the favour of taking some photos. Also met up with some dog people I haven't met in ages - great fun!

Inga kommentarer: